Thursday, April 3, 2008

What did we do today?

I'm going to begin something that is called scribe posting. This is a work in progress. What I would like is for students to comment and tell me what we learned today in class. So, whatever day you sign on, tell me what we learned that day in class. Try to remember the mathematical terminology we used and maybe a moment you had where you understood what I was saying! Mary Kate, you told me that you thought I taught the lesson well the other day-what did I do that worked for you? What doesn't work? Be respectfully critical!

5 comments:

You dont know MK like I know MK said...

The little shape thingys you were using, helped. The way you showed Sean confused me. But I really did NOT at ALL think I'd ever catch on, but I kind of did. I was suprised I had the hang of it, but I don't know whatever you did it worked. However, I'm not sure if I could do one on my own again. Remember, yesterday I did about three problems by myself, and confused myself and forgot again. I'm just happy I atleast did SOME on my own. I did think it was a good lesson, Matt and I seemed to understand it clearly.

You dont know MK like I know MK said...

OH MY GOODNESS, GOLDY I CAN TEACH YOU HIP HOP!!! I TAKE IT, WE CAN DANCE TO JAYYYY Z!! THEE JIGGA MANNNN. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you Mary Kate! One of the biggest things about your education at this stage in the game is being able to reflect on what works best for you! You know from working with the preschoolers that one lesson doesn't teach every child! You need to change things around and explain in different ways in order for them to understand what you want them to do! The other thing is being able to recognize your successes in a class that, in the past, seemed to frustrate you! Someone that sits quite close to you in class has a similar "positive attitude!" :)

Mrs. Goldman

You dont know MK like I know MK said...

soooo Goldy I see that you haven'tbeen posting. hmmm, what a sham.

Mrs. Goldman said...

Umm...Mary Kate-teachers go on vacation too! But thanks for letting me know that you are checking up on your math interests over your free time! :)